Kemwell Fire Protection Accessories
SAVING LIVES | PROTECTING BUILDINGS & CONTENTS | MAINTAINING VITAL SERVICES
Kemwell Passive Fire Protection Accessories
A range of fire stopping products to seal penetrations, openings and joints in fire rated wall and floor constructions
Kemwell has a range of fire stopping products to seal penetrations, openings and joints in fire rated wall and floor constructions.
The extensive range provides options to meet the varied requirements of today’s building and construction projects, providing protection for people and property. The range includes sealants, glues and tapes.
Kemwell’s accessory products are used to stop the spread of fire via the various penetrations and voids that are commonly found in buildings as required in the Approved Document B (Fire Compartmentation) of the Building Regulations.
Products help to reinstate the integrity of the opening in the event of a fire with fire-resistant materials thus stopping the spread of fire and/or smoke by filling the opening.
Effective passive fire protection systems will reduce the potentially dramatic and fatal effect of fire and harmful fumes by stopping the fire from spreading until it is put out or it stops on its own due to lack of oxygen or fuel.
You can specify Kemwell Fire Accessories with confidence.
- Sealing of joints, voids and holes in walls, partitions, doors, floors and windows
- Schools and Educational
- Restaurants and hotels
Do you have a current fire protection project?
Kemwell FIRE PROTECTION ACCESSORIES
Kemwell Fire Rated Flexi Sealant
Main Uses and Features
Kemwell FR Flexi Sealant is designed for sealing joints, voids/irregular holes in walls, partitions and other structures, resulting in an airtight and watertight seal. Kemwell FR Flexi Sealant provides primer less sealing and bonding on a wide range of substrates including ceramic, plaster, plastics, masonry, wood, stone and metals.
It out-performs conventional silicone, MSP, butyl and acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive.
It is commonly used in conjunction with Kemwell WeatherKem.
Kemwell FR Flexi Sealant remains permanently flexible and is paintable with both alkyd water-based based paints. Suitable applications include:
- Internal sealing around doors and windows
- Sealing where air quality for health is important
- Sanitary applications including showers
- Sealing of gaps around fitted furniture and worktops
- Sealing around flooring
- 3D joint movement capability minimum 25%
- Fire resistant sealing
- Radon-resistant sealing
- Decorating caulking and sealing
- Air and sound sealing
Kemwell FR Flexi Sealant is a high performance, professional quality, one part ready to use sealant and adhesive.
It is suitable for a wide variety of building trade applications including decorating, flooring, joinery, plumbing and tiling. It is commonly used in conjunction with Kemwell WeatherKem.
Kemwell FR Flexi Sealant out-performs conventional silicone, MSP, butyl and acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive and is free from dangerous emissions.
Kemwell Fire Rated Acrylic Sealant
Main Uses and Features
Kemwell FR Acrylic is designed for concrete, masonry and gypsum, sealing cables, pipes and ducts where fire rated partition sections meet.
Kemwell FR Acrylic cures when it is subjected to atmospheric conditions, however, it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement.
- High end formula, certified Worldwide
- Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions and building service penetrations
- Very high sound insulation
- Low emissions – environmentally and user friendly
- Simple to apply with a smooth surface finish
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movement up to 12.5%
- No priming necessary for application to most materials
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, masonry, steel, gypsum, glass, plastics and most non-porous surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack-free after 1 hour (the fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to cure for a month)
- 18 months storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life
Kemwell FR Acrylic has been tested with various types of penetrations through walls, ceilings and floor constructions. Its intumescent property closes any gaps left by burnt away penetrations and will also maintain the acoustic design performance in walls and floors.
Kemwell FR Acrylic is widely used in markets across Europe. Its exceptional certification across a wide range of fire-stopping applications makes it popular with installers, reducing the need to carry different mastics.
It is used on all Kemwell FireKem FP-900 ceiling and partition installations.
Kemwell Fire Rated Sealant
Main Uses and Features
Kemwell FR Intumescent Sealant is designed for concrete, masonry and gypsum, sealing cables and pipes where fire rated partition sections meet.
- Fire-rated in both horizontal and vertical joints
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Joint movement capability of 12.5%
- For use in joints up to 50 mm wide
- Excellent slump resistance
- 12 months shelf life
- Fast cure – tack-free within an hour
- Easy to apply and tool off
- Excellent adhesion to most common building substrates
- Reduces sound transmission in joints
Kemwell FR Intumescent Sealant is designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors, specifically linear joints and openings for building service penetrations.
It should be applied over suitable backing materials to ensure correct width to depth ratio and to reduce shrinkage of the joint during hardening.
Kemwell FR Intumescent Sealant is a 4 hour rated intumescent sealant formulated with fillers that provide noise reduction.
Kemwell HT Glue (High Temperature Non-Combustible Glue)
Main Uses & Product Application
Kemwell HT Glue sticks calcium silicate boards, and building boards onto a wide range of receiving surfaces, including steel, aluminium and galvanised steel
Application of glue
- The surface to be coated must be clean and dry.
- Mix well before each use.
- Apply a film onto 1 or 2 surfaces of the materials to be glued together, depending on the type of surface.
- Apply glue and apply pressure.
- The working time depends on the temperature and the relative humidity of the ambient air.
- A higher temperature and dry air will mean a shorter working time.
- Drying in ambient air: it is possible to accelerate setting by hot pressing (up to temperatures of between 80 and 90°C). • For interior applications.
- Dissolves on permanent contact with water.
- Application tools can be cleaned in water.
Kemwell HT Glue is simple water-based pasting glue that provides an entirely non-combustible film. The film, which is intumescent, enhances the fire resistance of the elements to which it is applied. The products lower than traditional glues setting time allows earlier handling of glued elements. It is classified as non-combustible.
Kemwell Ampacoll Flexx Tape (Acrylic adhesive tape for indoor/outdoor use)
Main Uses and Features
Ideal for airtight and windproof sealing of overlaps, board joints and penetrations. Suitable for roofing applications and in timber construction. It is ideal for use sealing joints when using Kemwell WeatherKem Calcium Silicate Fibre Cement Board.
- 40m x 60mm roll size
- Carrier flexible lengthwise and crosswise
- Two applications: Sealing of overlaps and penetrations
- Maximum adhesive power at temperatures from as low as – 5 °C
- Serrated – easy to tear off by hand
- Soft and adaptable; absorbs component movements
- Temperature resistance – 40 °C to + 100 °C
- Resistance to ageing > 20 years (under covering)
- Natural weathering period 4 months (without mechanical stress)
Kemwell Ampacoll Flexx Tape is an acrylic and highly elastic adhesive tape suitable for indoor and outdoor building applications.
It is tear-resistant and ideal for airtight and windproof sealing of overlaps, board joints, and penetrations. It is suitable for roofing applications and in timber construction. It is commonly used for sealing joints in conjunction with Kemwell WeatherKem.
It can be used particularly where the membrane is laid directly on to soft insulation.
Because of its elastic nature, it is great for sealing around pipes.