KemStop Fire Stopping Products
SAVING LIVES | PROTECTING BUILDINGS & CONTENTS | MAINTAINING VITAL SERVICES
KemStop Passive Fire Protection Fire Stopping Products
A range of fire stopping products to seal penetrations, openings and joints in fire rated wall and floor constructions
The extensive range provides options to meet the varied requirements of today’s building and construction projects, providing protection for people and property.
KemStop products are used to stop the spread of fire via the various penetrations and voids that are commonly found in buildings for pipework, conduits, ducts, cables, socket boxes, ventilation and exterior cladding as required in the Approved Document B (Fire Compartmentation) of the Building Regulations.
KemStop fire stops reinstate the integrity of the opening in the event of a fire with fire-resistant materials thus stopping the spread of fire and/or smoke by filling the opening.
Effective passive fire protection systems will reduce the potentially dramatic and fatal effect of fire and harmful fumes by stopping the fire spreading until it is put out or it stops on its own due to lack of oxygen or fuel.
You can specify KemStop Fire Stopping products with confidence.
- Sealing of joints, voids and holes in walls, partitions, doors, floors and windows
- Cable, pipe and duct penetrations in concrete, masonry, timber, gypsum and most common building material installations
- Plastic, metallic and composite material penetrations
- Where fire-resisting, sound transmission reduction and waterproofing properties are required
- Schools and Educational
- Restaurants and hotels
Do you have a current fire stopping project?
KemStop FIRE STOPPING RANGE
KemStop Fire Rated Flexi Sealant
Main Uses and Features
KemStop FR Flexi Sealant is designed for sealing joints, voids/irregular holes in walls, partitions and other structures, resulting in an airtight and watertight seal. KemStop FR Flexi Sealant provides primer less sealing and bonding on a wide range of substrates including ceramic, plaster, plastics, masonry, wood, stone and metals.
It out-performs conventional silicone, MSP, butyl and acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive.
KemStop FR Flexi Sealant remains permanently flexible and is paintable with both alkyd water-based based paints. Suitable applications include:
- Internal sealing around doors and windows
- Sealing where air quality for health is important
- Sanitary applications including showers
- Sealing of gaps around fitted furniture and worktops
- Sealing around flooring
- 3D joint movement capability minimum 25%
- Fire resistant sealing
- Radon-resistant sealing
- Decorating caulking and sealing
- Air and sound sealing
It is suitable for a wide variety of building trade applications including decorating, flooring, joinery, plumbing and tiling.
KemStop FR Flexi Sealant out-performs conventional silicone, MSP, butyl and acrylic based products as a sealant and adhesive and is free from dangerous emissions.
KemStop Fire Rated Acrylic Sealant
Main Uses and Features
KemStop FR Acrylic is designed for concrete, masonry and gypsum, sealing cables, pipes and ducts where fire rated partition sections meet.
KemStop FR Acrylic cures when it is subjected to atmospheric conditions, however it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement.
- High end formula, certified Worldwide
- Classified for fire sealing all types of constructions and building service penetrations
- Very high sound insulation
- Low emissions – environmentally and user friendly
- Simple to apply with a smooth surface finish
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movement up to 12.5%
- No priming necessary for application to most materials
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, masonry, steel, gypsum, glass, plastics and most non-porous surfaces
- Hardens quickly, tack free after 1 hour (the fire performance specification of the joint filler has been derived when the joint filler has been let to cure for a month)
- 18 months storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life
KemStop FR Acrylic is widely used in markets across Europe. Its exceptional certification across a wide range of fire-stopping applications makes it popular with installers, reducing the need to carry different mastics.
KemStop Fire Rated Sealant
Main Uses and Features
KemStop FR Intumescent Sealant is designed for concrete, masonry and gypsum, sealing cables and pipes where fire rated partition sections meet.
- Fire rated in both horizontal and vertical joints
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Joint movement capability of 12.5%
- For use in joints up to 50 mm wide
- Excellent slump resistance
- 12 months shelf life
- Fast cure – tack free within an hour
- Easy to apply and tool off
- Excellent adhesion to most common building substrates
- Reduces sound transmission in joints
It should be applied over suitable backing materials to ensure correct width to depth ratio and to reduce shrinkage of the joint during hardening.
KemStop FR Intumescent Sealant is a 4 hour rated intumescent sealant formulated with fillers that provide noise reduction.
KemStop Fire Rated Collars
Main Uses and Features
The intended use of KemStop FR Collars is to reinstate the fire resistance performance of flexible and rigid wall, and floor constructions where they are penetrated by various services.
- New patented fast expanding graphite material
- For pipe sizes from smallest pipes available to Ø315 mm with a wide range of pipe wall thicknesses
- Collars comes in two different heights for different fire classifications to maximise cost efficiency
Smaller pipes can be fitted within larger collars with the benefit of accommodating pipes that are at an angle or if the opening around the pipe is too large
Fire classifications up to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
Certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+ PVC and PP pipes
Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
Classified for fire sealing in all types of constructions
Excellent sound insulation
No emissions – environmentally and user friendly
Simple to install using widely available standard screws
Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
30 years working life guarantee
The steel shell contains a graphite based material that reacts to heat, expanding in the event of a fire to fill the opening left by the melting plastic of the through penetration.
Can be fitted on the outside of a wall or floor, even in single sided applications.
KemStop Fire Rated Wraps
Main Uses and Guidelines
The intended use of KemStop FR Pipe Wrap is to reinstate fire resistance performance of flexible wall constructions, ridged wall construction and ridged floor construction where they are penetrated by various metal pipe services.
They can be used with and without combustible insulation and plastic pipes when used in combination with KemStop FR Mortar and KemStop FR Board.
Minimum separations and limitations
Services can be sealed as specified in the detailed drawings. An aperture can include several services, and they may also be different. Minimum separation between services and also between services and the edge of the seal within each aperture should be 30 mm to allow for correct fitting of backing and seal depth. Minimum separation between apertures should be at least 20 cm. The total amount of cross sections of services (including insulation) should not exceed 60% of the penetration area.
Flexible walls must have a minimum thickness of 100 mm and comprise steel studs or timber studs lined on both faces with minimum 2 layers of 12.5 mm thick boards. Rigid walls must have a minimum thickness of 150 mm and comprise concrete, aerated concrete or masonry, with a minimum density of 650 kg/m3. Rigid floors must have a minimum thickness of 150 mm and comprise aerated concrete or concrete with a minimum density of 650 kg/m3. The supporting construction must be classified in accordance with EN 13501-2 for the required fire resistance period. Timber studs: no part of the penetration seal may be closer than 100 mm to a stud, and minimum 100 mm of insulation of class A1 or A2 according to EN 13501-1 must be provided within the cavity between the penetration seal and the stud
Fitted by wrapping around the through-penetration and securing with the adhesive tape, then casting into the wall or floor construction fitted in either KemStop FR Board or KemStop FR Mortar.
KemStop Fire Rated Mortar
Main Uses and Features
The intended use of KemStop FR Mortar is to reinstate the fire resistance performance of flexible wall, rigid wall and floor constructions where they are penetrated by various cables and metallic pipes.
It has been tested for all types of through-penetrations in all types of constructions and may be combined with Cable Transit, KemStop Collar and KemStop Pipe Wrap. It may also be cast in floors with post-tensioned steel in order to construct a load bearing construction.
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc.
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex and plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts
- Simple to apply leaving a very smooth finish
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the seal must be corrosion protected
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, plastic etc, but not suitable to fitting of doors or in service openings that involve movement
- The product is certified for use in gypsum walls but it is recommended to use KemStop FR Boards for these applications
- Fully set within 1 hour
- Nearly unlimited storage time
When mixed with water the compounds form a highly thermal insulating fire seal to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors, including openings formed to accommodate building service penetrations.
KemStop Fire Rated Board
Main Uses and Features
KemStop FR Board is designed to reinstate the fire resistance performance of flexible wall, rigid wall and floor constructions where they are penetrated by various cables, metallic pipes, composite pipes and plastic pipes
- Consists of a high density rock wool board which is coated with fire retardant paint on one or two sides, depending on where the fire sealing is to be carried out.
- Classified for all types of constructions with or without building service penetrations
- Simple and very quick to install
- Easy to retrofit additional building services after installation
- Permanently flexible – will accommodate movements during fire and smaller movements in the construction it has been fitted within
- Suitable for most surfaces, including concrete, bricks, masonry, steel, wood, gypsum, glass, plastic and most non-porous surfaces
- May be used in unlimited lengths in walls with heights up to 1200 mm and in floors with widths up to 120 mm
- May be installed in gypsum walls without framing around the opening
- Halogen free with added fungicides
- Once fully cured, the coated board resists water and frost
- KemStopFR Board can be supplied with a smooth surface
- The fire performance specification of the board has been derived when the seal has been let to cure for a month
- Precautions are required to be taken to prevent a person stepping onto a blank horizontal penetration seal
KemStop FR Board consists of a rigid stone wool core, sealed with Fire Coating on 1 or both faces.